Friday, January 23, 2009

Computer Problems

Just like the title says, I’ve been having computer problems.  I just installed an nvidia video card in my pc, in hopes of fixing some issues.  Well….basically, those issues went away & some new ones came up.  Now, it seems like it’s more difficult to view my pc from the tv in the living room.  There’s a lot more to set up, than there was before.  I use my pc to record from tv, satellite, etc.  Then, once the recording is done, I flick a switch by the tv & you see my pc desktop.  Then we watch whatever it was that I had recorded.  :D

That was the 1st problem.  The next problem is, I had to format my pc after I installed the new/different video card.  That’s all fine & dandy.  When I went to make a new restore disk, the pc froze.  :o  The program I was trying to use, re-screwed up the operating system.  I had to format the pc again.  That was 2x in 2 days.  That took up most of my week, getting everything the way I want it.

All is good now.  The only thing is, that I do not like this nvidia graphic card for what I do most.  Watch movies/recorded tv from my pc to our tv in the living room.  I may have to go back to an ATI card for this.  I’ll keep you posted on that one. 

Here’s a pic from Chance that was just taken the other day, during the pc fixing stage.  Enjoy it & thanks for listening to my computer problems.

100_1629

She was half asleep when I took this. lol  The big baby.

10 comments:

  1. After reading your blog's first two paragraphs, I was imagining you pulling out your hair and steam tooting out of you like Tom Terrific's hat, only out your ears! You must be an exceptionally patient person: mucho commendable! P.S. Chance is as doggie-cute as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sparkle: Well, it was more than steam coming out of me. :D I was mad, the 2nd time. You need a bit of patience to format & fix your pc, like a do. I do have some, but not a lot. Chance is always doggie-cute. At least we think so & so does she.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lot of work! Hope all works out in the end! :)

    And I bet you have about as much patience as everybody in our family! :)

    And Chance looks so adorable cute. And while I was reading "Marley & Me" Marley reminded me of Chance when ever he would steal something! :)

    TTYL :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lexi: yes, it was a lot of work. The silly thing is, I've got to get myself a different video card after all. The nvidia card I'm trying out right now doesn't do easily what I want to do.

    Our family has patience! What are you talking about? lol

    I'm waiting to see that movie. It looks funny. Chance doesn't steal. :p right.....let's just pretend that she doesn't

    ttyl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww. Well... you got it though, right? Well, I mean almost. You'll make it through. Darn computers! When they're not making life easier, they're making it harder. Can't they make up their minds?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ralph: I do believe that computers are here to put us through hell at times. My pc is running really well now. I'll be picking up a new ATI video card on Tues. Let's hope that this one doesn't run hot & fry like my last one.

    I did figure out this one thing, though with that nvidia card: they're good for gaming. Use ATI if you want to watch stuff from your pc to your tv, do some gaming & video editing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, Chance has never ever stolen anything! ;) **fingers crossed behind my back**

    ReplyDelete