Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It’s cold here & a pic

Just like the title says, it’s cold here.  We’re onto about the 2nd month of straight bitterly cold weather.  We’ve had a few days of not so cold, but it’s mostly been cold.  I’ve lost track already with how long it’s been this cold.  I think today, we hit a new record for being cold.  I think it was about –50C with the wind-chill or even a bit colder.  When it’s this cold, what’s a few degrees. lol  Winnipeg is the coldest city in Canada today.  What an honour.

All this week, we’ve been eating good cold weather food: beef stew & today Vegetable barley soup.  We still go out when it’s this cold.  Today, we went for a coffee & fuelled up the car.  Chance doesn’t even want to be out for long.  She goes out, does what she needs to & comes back to the gate.  Then, into the house we go before her feet get too cold.  The poor puppy.

Other than that, there hasn’t been much going on here.  I’ve got to replace the video card in my pc because mine has partially fried.  :(  That’s a totally different blog post. :D 

Here’s the pic that I promised.  Chance had a kodak moment the other day.  She was relaxing so nicely, that I had to take a pic of her.  Enjoy it & keep warm, if you’re enduring this cold too.

100_1624

6 comments:

  1. Well, don't get you hopes up, there is more cold coming your way!

    At least she's not pulling the "Hey I have to use the potty!" Then when she gets outside does the "Sucker I just wanted to play outside!" routine! Ttyl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lexi: thanks for the great news! Not!!!! True, she no longer asking to go out, just for the sake of going out to play & eat snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just trying to bright up your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I do have good weather news, we are getting a warm snap here so you might want to prepare for Chance's "Hey I got to go potty...Oh wait I just wanted to play" routine! :D ttyl

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's supposed to warm up here too. I'm sure she'll be asking to go out, just for the sake of going out. Maybe, she'll even be able to be out for a few min.

    ReplyDelete