Sunday, December 4, 2022

Book Review - The Big Bundle by Max Allan Collins

 I give this book 3.5 *'s. Why? It started off with a fast pace. The story was good, with good characters. What I didn't know was that this book was loosely based on some factual events. That's fine and all.  I don't mind a good historical fiction. 

What I didn't enjoy was the second half of the book. I found it a bit slow. The story lost is fast pacing. It seemed like it was dragging. I struggled to continue reading it. 

I'm glad I did finish it. Overall, I did  enjoy the story. Will I read more from Nate Heller? Not sure on that. Maybe, maybe not. I do still enjoy the Hard Case Crime books. Every so often, I do read one that I do not enjoy one. 

I thank Hard Case Crime for the opportunity again to read an ARC. I do hope that I get more of those. 

If you like Nate Heller, you'll enjoy this one. 



No comments:

Post a Comment